Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Consume Spirit Vs. Corruption

2 posters

Go down

Consume Spirit Vs. Corruption Empty Consume Spirit Vs. Corruption

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:40 am

Getting back at these forum discussions, I'd like to hear from you about Consume Spirit and Corruption.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Consume Spirit Vs. Corruption Empty Re: Consume Spirit Vs. Corruption

Post  Lim-Dul Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:48 am

on this one I go for Consume Spirit,
ok it is a sorcery, not as good but it is much more versatile for you to be able to pay mana from any black source, at mid-game it turns out great to use with some dark ritual or some Songs of the Damned you happen to have just laying arround in your hand, besides you can play it on your opponent
Tendrils of Corruption "where X is the number of Swamps you control" only has upperhand if you have Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth in play
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:57 am

Its not Tendrils of Corruption but Corruption itself.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lim-Dul Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:00 am

there is no card named Corruption
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Back to top Go down

Post  Lim-Dul Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:05 am

do you mean corrupt, I feel the same way
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:48 am

Stupid me. Yes, Corrupt! Sorry for that.

I've always been fond of Corrupt. Its expansive, yes. But for 6 mana you can get lots of life. Specially in a Black ManaGreen Mana where you can fetch basic lands and have lots of those in the blink of an eye. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth is a must, of course.
Even in a mono-black or any other colour-combined decks (as long as it has black) that plays Urborg it can be a nice card, playing for 6 mana and stealing lots of life while you still have untapped lands to play something else. Even if it gets countered you'll be able to do something else with the rest of the mana.

Consume Spirit on the other hand allows you to spend mana from mana producers like Rituals (Dark and Cabal), Blood Pet, Cabal Coffers or whatever to deliver a lot of pain to the opponent but leaving you out of mana. This is only good if you're using all your mana in a killing stroke! Otherwise you'll be getting less life than with a Corrupt.

Bottom line Corrupt is good if you're playing with lots of lands and are willing to either give the killing blow to your opponent or just cleanse the board of a big nasty creature without getting tapped out while Consume Spirit on the other hand is great if you prefer to pay for whatever you might get, be it just 1 or 2 of life or 15 life.
In the end to me Consume Spirit is just a revamped Drain Life, allowing you to make your own decisions: strive to survive, kill the opponent or just kill that pesky creature. Corrupt is more focused though.

In a Black ManaGreen Mana no doubt I'd be playing Corrupt since it can clean something faster than Consume Spirit. In a mono-black I've always enjoyed Consume Spirit.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: