Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BU - A Bowl of Pain

Go down

BU - A Bowl of Pain Empty BU - A Bowl of Pain

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:24 am

The main idea with this deck is to have Underworld Dreams, Warped Devotion and Megrim in play. I know, a three piece combo isn't the best way to go but remember that this is pure casual and these three cards are a must: they are what prompted me to design this deck in the first place.

So, I'll want my opponent to keep drawing cards and bouncing whatever he plays back to his hand so that he has to discard a card. While drawing and discarding a full bowl of pain will be served to go along those actions, of course.

[deck]
LANDS - 21
10 Swamp
9 Island
2 Tainted Isle

CREATURES - 11
4 Dimir Infiltrator
4 Prodigal Sorcerer
2 Abyssal Specter
1 Blizzard Specter
1 Jace Beleren

SPELLS - 28
4 Helm of the Ghastlord
4 Sigil of Sleep
3 Megrim
3 Underworld Dreams
3 Warped Devotion
3 Compulsive Research
2 Consult of the Necrosages
2 Sleeper's Robe
1 Ancestral Vision
1 Clutch of the Undercity
1 Recoil
[/deck]

So, I intend to enchant the Infiltrators with the Helms, the Prodigal Sorcerers with the Sigils and both Specters with Sleeper's Robe.
Wish I had more Recoils and Clutches though, since they are great. But I might get my hands in some more Clutches this next weekend.
I was also considering the usage of Vision Skeins instead of Compulsive Research but the Skeins might end up "hurting" me with all the drawing I'm supposed to be doing while the Research deals a lot of pain to the opponent. And I know that I should be playing for of these instead of three plus one Ancestral Vision but Ancestral Vision can be a tool that works in two ways (helping me draw or deal pain to my opponent).

I considered Thought Reflection and simulated a few games with it and although an interesting card (at least for casual), it made me draw too many cards and discard lots which isn't that good since (me) discarding isn't the purpose here.
Also considered Spiteful Visions but haven't even tried it because I think it'll hurt me too much with the damage it deals to any player whenever he draws. Lots of drawing means lots of pain.
Howling Mine would also be nice but I only own one and one won't do much good here.

Another card that I enjoy and took under consideration was Seer's Vision and although I think this card should be put into this deck I'm not sure what to take out. Help?

Besides all that, I'm considering removal of the Specters to insert 2 Psychatogs since they're both colours and could benefit from the Helm. Besides, its less expansive and I noticed that this deck does little on the first turns... But I enjoy the way a Specter works when enchanted with the Robe.

What might be cool though would be cards like Boomerang, Man-o'-War, Unsummon, River's Grasp... Although quite good I'm not sure I should use them and if so what to take out from the deck.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

BU - A Bowl of Pain Empty BU - Painful Memories

Post  DarkRequiem Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:34 am

Besides a slight revamping, this deck was also renamed now being called BU - Painful Memories. Smile

The deck now is as follows:

LANDS - 21
10 Swamp
9 Island
2 Tainted Isle

PLANESWALKER - 1
1 Jace Beleren

ARTIFACTS - 1
1 Crystal Shard

CREATURES - 14
3 Dimir Infiltrator
3 Man-o'-War
2 Riptide Pilferer
2 Tradewind Rider
1 Blizzard Specter
1 Headhunter
1 Hypnotic Specter
1 Inkfathom Infiltrator

SPELLS - 24
4 Helm of the Ghastlord
3 Compulsive Research
3 Megrim
3 Warped Devotion
2 Consult of the Necrosages
2 Sleeper's Robe
2 Underworld Dreams
1 Clutch of the Undercity
1 Recoil
1 Time Stretch
1 Time Warp

I just need a second Jace to finish the deck.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum