GWU - Aggro-Sliver

Go down

GWU - Aggro-Sliver

Post  DarkRequiem on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:51 pm

Tested this deck against another sliver deck on MWS. The opponent played an aggro GW deck with Hivestone, enabling things like Wilt-Leaf Liege to become a sliver and to enhance his slivers.
In the end I lost 2-0 without much to tell. The first game we were trying each other and my deck wasn't behaving as it should. On the second one I was playing my cards all wrong, making lots of mistakes.

In this version I was playing with 2 Quick Slivers which were afterward replaced by 1 Might Sliver and a 3rd Opaline Sliver. Still in need to test these changes.

Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GWU - Aggro-Sliver

Post  DarkRequiem on Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:50 pm

Today this deck so play once again, against MaJin (with a blue deck resolving around counter and ninjas) and Lim-Dul (who had a Blue/Black Rogue deck). I hope to see both decks posted around here sometime soon.

Due to the mess that multiplayer can be, it is hard to judge a deck based on it. Yet, this deck did what was expected through Horned Sliver and the odd pair Muscle + Sinew Sliver. Both me and Lim-Dul had some trouble to cast our things due to MaJin's posslibe Counterspells and the like but in the end, with him running low on mana and both of us taking all the precious chances to cast away, he was cast out from the game, making it a fun fight between me and Lim.
Lim's rogues had little change against my slivers, though.

Due to lack of mana and few chances to cast what I had in hand, this became a slow game with little things to do. Slivers won only because they are slivers, sharing abilities kind of creatures. Any other creature type would have lost the game to the rogues.

Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

View user profile http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down