Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

card discussion: Gemstone Mine vs Vivid Lands

2 posters

Go down

card discussion: Gemstone Mine vs Vivid Lands Empty card discussion: Gemstone Mine vs Vivid Lands

Post  Lim-Dul Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm specially refering to the combo of any of these lands with Reflectig Pool on 5 colour decks

what's your opinion???
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

card discussion: Gemstone Mine vs Vivid Lands Empty Re: card discussion: Gemstone Mine vs Vivid Lands

Post  DarkRequiem Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:23 pm

What lands with Reflecting Pool? o.O
The Vivid Lands are Vivid Crag, Vivid Creek, Vivid Grove, Vivid Marsh and Vivid Meadow.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

card discussion: Gemstone Mine vs Vivid Lands Empty Re: card discussion: Gemstone Mine vs Vivid Lands

Post  Lim-Dul Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:16 am

ok, when you have a vivid land (any of the 5) and a reflecting pool in play the pool gives you mana of any colour (city of brass but without damage),
the same with the mine and the pool.

the question is, besides de use of the pool,
would you rather have a mine (comes into play untaped, gives you any type of mana for 3 times) or
a vivid land (comes into play taped, gives you any type of mana twice but it's own coloured mana while in play)?
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:30 am

I would favour the Mine, of course. Ok, it dies whereas the Vivid lands don't. YET, it plays faster than the Vivid lands (comes into play untapped), can be bounced back when with 1 counter and played again with 3 counters (or removed from the game if you enjoy infinite mana combos, for example) and even if it dies it can be target of some kind of recursion (Regrowth, Crucible of Worlds, whatever).

Check at both cards rarities if you have any doubt. Razz
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down