Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lich's Mirror

3 posters

Go down

Lich's Mirror Empty Lich's Mirror

Post  DarkRequiem Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:03 am

This is a new kind of discussion where I'd like to see what people think of ONE card only.
This week, Lich's Mirror, one of the mythic rares on Shards is the choice of discussion.
Let us know how good it is, if you'd use it, if you see it fitting any deck and if you believe that its rarity level is accurate.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Lich's Mirror Empty Re: Lich's Mirror

Post  Lim-Dul Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 am

when I think of a deck, when I consider this or that card I have always in thought "the winning condition" not the "not loosing condition"
I would consider it only in "suicidal" decks, "Ok, if loosing all these lifepoints doesn't make me win the game, I can rely on plan B", about the rarity level I just don't like mythical rares by definition
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:21 pm

I dislike mythic rares too. Besides, although powerful, there are more powerful cards that were never thought of as being mythical. I would make it legendary, perhaps but not mythical.
As for decks, this is THE powerbomb when it comes to suicidal decks, suicidal black above anything else. You play this guy and keep bashing your opponent with no regard for your own safety. If you die... You don't! Meanwhile your opponent won't be able to say the same as his life kind of evaporates into thin air. This is the masterpiece that black suicidal decks (not so common anymore) needed.
But I can see this guy working on another kind of decks. Those that allow you to remove things from the game. Imagine you're playing a phase out deck. You phase out your things, die, the mirror triggers and at the beginning of your next turn things phase back into the game. You lost nothing! It also works if you play it AFTER you played a Worldgorger Dragon.

Anyway, this is a very specific card needing an entire deck worked around it. Otherwise it might very well be a draw back on you.
Flavourwise, it is an interesting card for all of you lich-wannabees. Razz
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  folgabil Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:03 am

Ok, here I come too, busting your conversion. I do it only because I had the chance to play the card in the prerelease, and currently own it. At first I did also think of it as a really cool alternative plan! But truth is, that since it was actualised in late game, i did not have the chance to build up to defend against my enemy who quickly finished me off-again.

I think it would be cool only in suicidal decks.. I was wondering, could you use hatred with lich mirror to do more than 20 dmg (presuming you burned more than 20 life points)? Would the dmg, actually pass and you would just reschuffle or would it cancel itself?
folgabil
folgabil

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-08-15

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:34 am

Oh, you can't pay more than your life total, I believe.
But think of it this way: Mirror + Necrologia/Necropotence/Doomsday/Yawgmoth's Bargain... Crap, that's bombastic! What I mean is that this card can be a real pain in some legacy decks.
Although it is a bad answer on draft and that kind of decks since you won't have any backup plan, in constructer it can be a good backup or even a winning condition.

And all input is welcome, so feel free to add your words to any discussion.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: