Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eventide Release

2 posters

Go down

Eventide Release Empty Eventide Release

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:35 am

Eventide will see its release next Friday, 25th. Still, the tournaments will take place on the following weekend.
Me and Lim Dul are both interesting in attending one on Saturday. The place is still to be defined.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Eventide Release Empty In continuation of

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:05 pm

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.org/introduce-yourself-f23/eventide-release-t21.htm#31

I still don't have any idea of how to get there. I'll have to go to Almada next 17th so I'll look for the place, I guess.
As for what time, I don't know either. They don't have it scheduled at their homepage yet.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eventide Release Empty how to get there

Post  Lim-Dul Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:32 am

in www.pai.pt serch for Centro Comercial Manuel Bica and look at the map, it´s actually quite easy,
do you think the event will take place at the store?

http://mapas.pai.pt/mapsearchdetails.ds?visitorUid=8a9021891b214b10011b2939c039021d&passwordToken=3D0FB2A9-6EDE-1BE0-C02C-1C739D3F9D5B&newSession=true&detailsListingId=y%3aPT_14906253_9999_3__1
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Eventide Release Empty The shop

Post  DarkRequiem Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Yes, I think it will. If I have the time and the mood, tomorrow I'll go there.
I hadn't had the opportunity to check it online (their webpage also has a map) since I'm having problems with the computer.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Eventide Release Empty Re: Eventide Release

Post  Lim-Dul Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:28 pm

if it takes place at the store they say on their web page that they can host only 25 players...
the map is from guide michelin, it's not that easy...
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:40 pm

I'll have to talk to them. Give me your DCI number through message, please. I'll be reserving place for the two of us, ok? Or shall I do it for 3 persons instead?
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lim-Dul Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:15 am

Almada, 26 of July 2008, Eventide Release Event and as usual it was on me and DarkRequiem to defend M4NG reputation (we still haven’t lost faith that MaJin will ever attend), after long consideration we decided to go to Apocalipse (that is the name of the store), it seemed a good omen for what we where heading to, we were "ready for battle".
I arrived first and a cold feeling invaded me, only 3 other players were there, but, it was still soon and some card trading after, DarkRequiem arrived. A little bit after, headcount was 8 and the event started.

As usual everyone started to check out the cards and doing the lists, after the swapping, chaos invaded, how is one supposed to make a deck with opposite hybrids in 40 min!? I created one mana based on GW with a lot of GB and GU hybrids and felt confident, “Let’s ‘n Go”

Round 1 was up and we started to play, Game 1; by turn 4 my opponent had 3 creatures that I couldn’t block and 2 turns after it was over. Game 2; after a couple of turns and some stupid mistakes my confidence broke into pieces while I kept seeing my life points dropping to the floor. For me it was over in 20 min meanwhile DarkRequiem had a 30 min game 1 ending the round with a tie.

Lunch break and we were back; on round 2 things were completely different, a good 1st hand while my opponent had to mulligan down to 5 and after a few turns I manage to drop a big ass flier and it was over. On game 2 the right flow of cards allowed me to keep putting in tokens and around turn 8 my big “trampler” ended the game, DarkRequiem wasn’t so lucky playing on table 2 and lost the round.

Round 3: Game 1 and I get a non land hand, not good, after mulligan I decide to go to play with 5 lands and a 4 mana creature in my hand when my opponent decided to mulligan down to 5, knowing that he was playing a WR deck that he managed to screw up by adding B and 5 swamps. Not missing a land drop till turn 6 and dropping a creature every single turn pointed me to an easy win. On game 2 I started quite well and a few turns after dropped my big ass flier who, after I “shackled” my opponent’s big bomb, took me to victory again. DarkRequiem wasn’t so lucky and took another loss.

Afterwards DarkRequiem attended the draft mainly to pick some more cards for his collection; 1:2 could have been his horoscope for the day.
At the end a few more cards, a special promo, a few more attendance points and tons of fun made our day!
Thumbs down for the headcount, only 8 players is not what one expects from a release event;
Thumbs up for the store decoration (Luis Royo rules!!!) and it’s staff, they are usual V:tES players, maybe Wizards could learn something from “Richard Garfield’s first TCG creation” players;

Special thanks to DarkRequiem, for the business and for the CD that is keeping me awake, again.
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:39 am

It was a fun morning and afternoon but I'm growing tired of those 1-2 losses. It tells me nice deck, it can give a fight (usually it allows me to live for several turns) but it lakes something.

This time I went BR and the 1st rounds was promising: 1 point. The other two rounds though... Well, I was subpar and it showed on the final score.

Lim-Dul forgot to say that he got 3rd place, getting his hands on a booster with one hell of a rare. Thumbs up on his playing-style. He shows lots of improvement between tournaments. Smile
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lim-Dul Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 am

I did not forgot to say it, I just didn't wanted to brag about it cheers cheers cheers
Thanks for the support, it means a lot comming from a guy who is playing for so long as DarkRequiem

I do feel quite some improvement in my play, but I was lucky to, specially on the 3rd round knowing what my opponent was playing gave me a good advantage.
browsing other guys decks is something to take under consideration in following tournamens we attend to.
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:29 am

If I'm not wrong that's considered scouting. I believe its not permitted. LOL
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin