Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK

3 posters

Go down

How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK Empty How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK

Post  MaJin Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:57 am

Well for me a geek is someone ho “takes it too seriously”. Someone ho thinks is the king of the hill just because he has a great deck or because he has like 100000000X cards. Shocked

If you are reading this and you getting mad at me. I have only one advice for you. Cool

Get a girlfriend… Twisted Evil bounce

Magic is just a game and not a life style. You can play it and have a life at the same time. Meting people and making friends.

Think about this. Stop thinking of the Magic part and start thinking more of the Gathering. Cool

Any comments? Rolling Eyes
MaJin
MaJin
Admin

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-19

Back to top Go down

How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK Empty Re: How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK

Post  DarkRequiem Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:35 am

Geeks are those who at a pre-release make fun of a card's name: "Oh, John Doe, Abocanhador... This is you!" THAT'S GEEK!!!

Abocanhador is the Morselhoarder translated to portuguese.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK Empty am I a geek?

Post  Lim-Dul Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 am

it was 1996 and a frat mate was picking cards from an Ice Age pack, "Cool art work, what is it?" he explained to me it was a game that he had started playing with his brothers, some basic rulling explained, we separeted the package in two stacks according to colors and started to play, I loved it, the next day first thing, I bought 1 mirage pack and 2 boosters.
since then MtG is part of my life, the few hours I spend playing every month are my breathing space, my fantasy, I love going to events, to put in a deck cards with diferent art works, cards in diferent languages, signed by the artists, premium cards from release events,...
I love getting together with my friends too play, trading to complete a deck I had imagined,...
I get thrilled every time I open up a booster package, I await ansiously every event comming up, scedulling with my friends "MtG play-day",
of course I hate the price of cards (and I'm not only talking about "Goyf"), I hate the fact that I'll never be able to have a complete set from Alpha, that the game has turned into a spoilled brat's amusement, that $$$ has overrun fantasy, even so, I keep playing!!!
I guess what I'm saying is that I love every part of the Trading Card Game.
am I a geek? I don't care, I'll keep tapping for mana 'till I die just for the fun of it

Last edited by Lim-Dul on Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong year)
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK Empty Re: How do you define a Magic the gathering GEEK

Post  DarkRequiem Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:20 pm

Lim-Dul wrote:[...] I'll keep tapping for mana 'till I die just for the fun of it

Meaning that you'll just end up doing the most fantastic thing one can do: mana burn! Very Happy Want some help? I can get you a Mana Flare. Smile LOL!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I started playing with a cousin of mine, back in the Summer of 1997. We walked all across my hometown in a morning, searching for someone who sold the cards. We only found a place that sold them and they were sold out at the moment. We were so pissed.
I got the task to buy two 4th Ed. once they got them on stock. I did and we learnt how to play it all by ourselves. At first we would play as many lands we wanted in a turn. Crazy, hey? I got myself my first Hyppie and an Urza Factory.
Later that year I played it on FCUL. Happy times!

A few years later, after a 2 year hiatus, I started dating this wonderful woman I met and we did lots of duels. She was a fantastic player, favouring suicidal-black. We broke up and, even though I didn't had anyone to play with I kept buying cards, becoming a collector... Until the day I knew that Lim-Dul played it too. It took us about one year to get things going but now... Look at us! I even made a forum for ourselves...

Question: after these two stories... Should we keep it a non-geek forum? LOL
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down