Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday the 18th, February, 2009 - Resume

2 posters

Go down

Wednesday the 18th, February, 2009 - Resume Empty Wednesday the 18th, February, 2009 - Resume

Post  DarkRequiem Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:03 am

Last Wednesday me and Lim-Dul participated on some ferocious duels. Later on we were joined by MaJin for a last round of free for all games.

Some of the decks I prepared, although exposed in the forums, differ a bit due to some changes I've been doing over the time. Not all of these tweaks seemed to be for the better, though.

Anyway, the first four rounds were a duel between my Recycle Bin and Lim-Dul's latest addiction: his Esper deck. All of the games were won by Lim-Dul 1st by 19-0, then by 21-0m third game by 15-0 and lastly by 20-0. This showed that my deck needed to be improved and so I did it. Later on I'll post the new deck list.
Lim-Dul was categorical, his deck being devastating and leaving little space for a bad construct to have a chance.

After these first four games we swapped decks: Lim-Dul playing one of his pearls, his Tefferi's Puzzlebox deck against another of my pearls, my Elvish Council deck. Two out of three games won by the elves, honoring my deck craftsmanship. Even though Lim-Dul tried to lock me out with his Puzzlebox and Underworld Dreams, my Glissa and Symbiotic Deployment got the better out of it, one of the games even ending with a devastating Decree of Savagery! The elves showed that the deck has certain cool aspects to it.
In the end we had a first game ending at 58-12 (Lim-Dul conceding the game), 9-0 fir Lim-Dul and 6-0 for my elves.

After that another deck swapping occurred, BW Pestilence deck against his U Faerie/Merfolk deck. The first game I conceded at 12-7 and the second game I lost at 7-0. Its hard to do anything good when you run half your deck and the main card doesn't come out even though you're running 4 copies of it.
The faeries on their side were quite irritating, dealing all the damage they could and killing me very quickly. This deck can prove itself very brutal.

Another change: my Painful Memories against Lim-Dul's Merfolk deck: one game, one astounding loss for the little codfish. 16-0 was the final result with what came up has a powerful deck.

At this point MaJin showed up, giving us chance to play two Free For All games: Lim-Dul presented his Merfolk deck, MaJin a new deck of his making based on Bant and I showed up my Enchantress Rule deck. Both games were won by Lim-Dul, first at 28-0-0 and the second game locking down when he was at 14 life while MaJin and I were at 13 and 6.
A special note, don't let the fishes build up their numbers!
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Wednesday the 18th, February, 2009 - Resume Empty Re: Wednesday the 18th, February, 2009 - Resume

Post  Lim-Dul Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:18 pm

The Esper Deck is really my new addiction many cards in the deck play a lot with other cards in the deck and has tons of free bye and free play, as soon as I update it with conflux cards I'll post it.
My Puzzlebox has suffered a few changes since I introduced the affinity abbility and has seen no play since, but it did not behave as expected, back to the drawing table it is…
There where also some games in which I've played my Howling Elves, but I dont quite remember the outcome… DR you've the sheets can you ID it?
One thing I remember is having been killed by DR's Underworld Dreams, I didn't liked it...
The Merfolk deck is the one that is posted by me in de deck lists, It has proven it's power again!!!
Specially in multiplayer those first "easy" turns are quite good to built up the numbers and after you start your loop of "atack/play extra turn" the game is solved, lol
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Wednesday the 18th, February, 2009 - Resume Empty Re: Wednesday the 18th, February, 2009 - Resume

Post  DarkRequiem Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:46 am

Damn, I turned the sheets into shreds. I believe it was a multiplayer game, the one where you used the elf/wolf deck.

As for your Puzzlebox deck, I think you centered it too much around mana cards. It just lacks offensive strategies in there. Too many Lotus Petals, Lotus Bloom, mana this, mana that... And in the end you just stood open to threats. Besides, my elf deck plays with Glissa which is a great asset against artifact decks. And even though you kept burning Eladamri he kept coming back, making it hard to do something.

That Underworld Dreams is in the Painful Memories deck. It was nice watching you buy 3 cards and discard 1 land through a Compulsive Research targeting you when I had 1 Megrim and 1 Underworld Dreams in play. Very Happy

That Esper one... I need to see it facing a more aggressive deck. Wink
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum