Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GWU - Aggro-Sliver (Tribal)

Go down

GWU - Aggro-Sliver (Tribal) Empty GWU - Aggro-Sliver (Tribal)

Post  DarkRequiem Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:55 pm

This is my first attempt at building a Sliver deck. I've always found tribal decks quite hard to build, with so many different choices and all. Slivers are no exception. Quite on the contrary! Just look at the vast amount of slivers we've got out there! They made appearances in three different blocks and in every single colour! Damn, we even have (crappy) artifact slivers!
So, instead of making a five colour deck I refrained my mind and ended up with a three colour thing, aiming at aggro since that's what slivers make me think of with their hive behavior: strength in numbers! Still, what quality numbers would be good??
Green, red and black might be the best aggro thing in theory. Or perhaps red, green and white. Yet, even though red is great I ended up choosing blue for the shier power of card drawing, an important thing in a deck where you need to search for the best answers. With this in mind I ended up with the GWU edge.

Deck:
LANDS - 20
8 Forest
6 Island
6 Plains

SPELLS - 5
4 Serum Visions
1 Foresee

CREATURES - 35
4 Gemhide Sliver
4 Sidewinder Sliver
4 Virulent Sliver
3 Horned Sliver
3 Mnemonic Sliver
2 Fungus Sliver
2 Harmonic Sliver
2 Muscle Sliver
2 Opaline Sliver
2 Screeching Sliver
2 Sinew Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
1 Essence Sliver
1 Might Sliver
1 Pulmonic Sliver
1 Sliver Queen

I'm still to add the majestic Sliver Queen but for that I need to purchase it from a friend. By then I'll remove both Quick Slivers and add the Queen and (possibly) a copy of Might Sliver.

PS - Using 2 Sinew Sliver and 2 Muscle Sliver instead of 4 of one only so that I can have more different pictures on the table. Smile If this proves to be a wrong strategy I'll replace both Sinew for another 2 Muscle one.

EDIT - Sliver Queen has been added.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down