Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R - Goblin Burn

Go down

R - Goblin Burn Empty R - Goblin Burn

Post  DarkRequiem Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Today, on MWS, I played this deck against a lock down UR deck, loosing 2-1.

I won the 1st round big time, completely burning my opponent. He was only able to lock me down when he was around 4 or 5 in life. No knowing what kind of deck I was playing he played a Phyrexian Arena in the mid game. It was that very same card that blew the game for him while I was at around 16 life.

2nd and 3rd round were more of the same, locking me down when he was less than 10 life in both games. Thing is that now, knowing what to expect he didn't play the Arena, not allowing me my advantage.

Since his lock down strategy consisted in Funeral Charm imprinted into an Isochron Scepter, he could force me to discard my draw. Not having any instants to play and this being a deck that goes fast onto the table, holding nothing, it was easy for him to beat me down. Oh, Lightning Bolt!!! How I missed you. LOL
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

R - Goblin Burn Empty Re: R - Goblin Burn

Post  DarkRequiem Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:16 pm

This deck has seen lots of play, today. And some very interesting movements to tell the truth.

In the morning it faced a White Mana&Blue Mana deck played by MaJin and a Green Mana elf deck played by Lim-Dul.
Since MaJin was playing a deck with blue he became the center of both mine and Lim-Dul's attacks, none of us granting the chance for him to counterspell our hordes. MaJin was fast burnt by a Goblin Sharpshooter.
The game was then left to be played between the much hated elves and goblins, the later taking the upper hand with some good direct damage. Outrage Shaman proved its worth against Wren's Run Packmaster once and again, killing the dreadful elf away for two times. Long live the goblins! Death to the tree-huggers, a motto that could be heard coming from the goblins.

Later on this deck was pitted against MaJin's White Mana&Red Mana Untap (http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.org/casual-f2/rw-untap-t73.htm), probing that goblins know how to have fun while burning everything that stood in their way. Fast and aggressive to the bone giving MaJin little ground.

Keeping this deck in hand me and MaJin went for some tribal fun, forcing a massacre among goblins of different clans when playing his Red Mana&Black Mana tribal goblin deck in 6 games to see who was the goblin king!
We came up with a tie of 3 wins for each one: 1st game he won by 11-0; 2nd game I won for 1-0; 3rd game he won for 19-0; 4th game I won for 10-0; 5th game he won for 19-0; 6th game I won for 5-0.
There were several highlights in this series: 3rd game after MaJin taking 2 mulligans I started my hand with 3 lands and draw 4 more lands on my first 4 draws! Also in each of our 1st turns he played Mogg Fanatic, him attacking me with his one on the second turn, me using mine to block and both of us sacrificing our guys while damage was on stack for a 1 damage on each other. It was fun!
On the 5th game I took 4 mulligans (he took 1), starting the game with 4 cards and none of them being a land. I thought that enough was enough so I went to play with that hand only to be able to play at something like my 6th turn a sacrificial Mogg Fanatic to deal 1 damage on him. I could allow him to win without a scratch, could I?

Even though the epic failure at some times, I still believe that my goblin deck kicks ass!
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down