Magic 4 Non-Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadowmoor Release: 04-10-2008

2 posters

Go down

Shadowmoor Release: 04-10-2008 Empty Shadowmoor Release: 04-10-2008

Post  DarkRequiem Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:57 am

Both me and Lim-Dul attended Shadowmoor's release at Linda a Velha. To my disappointment, after a great start I ended up in last.
Playing a GRB deck that dedicated itself towards direct damage both to creatures and to players, I scored 3 points on my first duel, winning 2-0 without having my opponent taste my blood. It was quick and utterly brutal!
Second round and imagine who's sitting on table 1? Yours truly! And facing the guy who won the tournament. First game and he plays a Lich's Mirror. I end up winning after dealing 40 damage to this guy and losing less than 10 life! Great game that should have granted me the round all by itself. After all I damaged him enough to win two games! LOL! Pure Evil Second game and I'm having lots of problems with my mana. He wins. We go for a third game to untie and this is even more exciting than the first one: we go to the round and he wins on the 5th round!
Afterward everything becomes a 2-0 loss. First against a show-off kid, then against a girl (my first opponent's gf) and lastly against an indian guy who had his ass kicked by Lim-Dul in the previous round.

All in all, what seemed to be one great deck failed miserably. I wonder how much fault must be imputed to the deck though.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465
Registration date : 2008-07-11

http://magic4nongeeks.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Shadowmoor Release: 04-10-2008 Empty I bellive it was Shards of Alara???

Post  Lim-Dul Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 am

hello everybody, I'm back!!!

don't know for how long since my computer problems aren't solved yet but for now here I am...

my experience at the release wasn't much better then DR's, after demolishing a guy that just happened to be a level 2 judge in the 1st round (10-0 and 16-0) and playing a very good deck I must say, I was looking forward for the top tables, not such happened...
Round 2 was very good and fun game to play, the best round at the whole event, at least for me, either me or my oponent could have won it, but the 3rd game ended with 0-4 lifecount not in my favour.
3rd round 0-2
4th round 1-1, it could have turned both ways but in the 3rd game after time limit and 5 extra turns lifecount was at 6-8
5th round 0-2

again some cool cards and another Ajani made it worth...
Lim-Dul
Lim-Dul

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Shadowmoor Release: 04-10-2008 Empty Re: Shadowmoor Release: 04-10-2008

Post  DarkRequiem Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 pm

Mostly the Ajani, I must say.
DarkRequiem
DarkRequiem
Admin

Number of posts : 465